RESEARCH & ACTIVITIES
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES :
- A Research grant of Rs.20.70 lakhs has been sanctioned by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi to carry out the research project on ”Indigenous Resource Utilisation Development of Diesel-Ethanol – vegetable oil hybrid fuel blends and testing in commercial transport vehicles” to Dept. of Automobile Engineering.
- A Research grant of Rs.5.04 Lakhs has been sanctioned by the Department .of Science and Technology, New Delhi to carry out the project titled “ Design and Development of Dynamic Facility Layout design toolkit” to Department of Mechanical Engineering
- An amount of Rs. 21.0 lakhs has been sanctioned by the Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation Coimbatore Division for the research project on “Experimental Investigations of the Technical Viability of Using Ethanol in Diesel Engines” to Dept. of Automobile Engineering
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering has received an amount of Rs. 5.04 lakhs for an R&D project on “ Design and Development of Dynamic Facility Layout Design Toolkit” from the Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi.
- The Department of Mechanical Engineering has received an amount of Rs. 2.75 lakhs for an R&D project on Soya Bean Oil Based Lubricants for Diesel Engines from Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), New Delhi
- A grant-in aid of Rs.12 Lakhs has been sanctioned by the AICTE to the department of Automobile Engineering to modernize the Engine Testing Lab under the MODROBS Scheme. A PC based Combustion Analysis System has been imported by the Department of Automobile Engineering from AVL List GmbH of Austria
- DSIR has sponsored project on “ Entrepreneurship Promotion Programme through training on utilization of software technologies for image editing, 2D Animation, Offset printing and Website design for empowerment of unemployed graduate women in Erode District ” for Rs. 7.14 lakhs to the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- A research project on “ Quality of STU bus services in Tamilnadu” was carried out by Department of Civil Engineering
- A research project on “Analysis of accidents in STU busses ” was carried out by Department of Civil Engineering
- A Project Proposal has been submitted to Ministry of Urban Development “Capacity Building in Urban Transport Sector” by IRT Taramani , our Head Office